At Lighting The Way, our mission is to help people learn healthy ways to process their grief and use times of loss as a way to make themselves stronger. Grief is an inevitable part of life, and it’s important to learn how to process the emotions that may accompany grief so you don’t let your grief overpower your life.
I’m determined to help the people of Colorado Springs who are experiencing loss and are unsure of a healthy way to process their emotions. Grief can have serious mental and physical effects, so it’s crucial to become aware of these effects and learn healthy ways to cope with the various losses you may experience throughout your life. By spreading knowledge about the Grief Recovery Method, I’m able to help people become more aware of different types of losses and help them recover from the repercussions of a loss in order to take back control of their life.
Types Of Loss
The majority of people think grief is an emotion that people feel only after they’ve experienced the death of a loved one. While death is a type of loss that the majority of people experience, there are actually over 40 types of losses that cause people to grieve. Some types of losses are:
- When a loved one passes away, it’s common to feel as if there is no imaginable way that your world can continue to move forward. Unfortunately, it’s likely that people will lose a friend or family member and experience all of the emotions that come with this type of loss. One of the best ways to invest in your mental health before a loss occurs is to ensure that you are familiar with healthy ways to cope with someone close to you passing away.
- Even when a physical relationship, such as a marriage, ends, there is still an emotional relationship that exists. Whether two people have a healthy divorce or a nasty divorce, both people still have the memories and emotions that accompany the span of their relationship with their significant other. It’s important to properly address and process the emotional loss of a divorce, or you will end up carrying it into future relationships.
- Did you know that a career change is one of the most common types of losses people experience? When someone retires, they have to shift their entire daily life and create a new routine. Sometimes, this is extremely difficult for people to process and they end up becoming anxious or suffering from depression. Imagine working somewhere for 30 years, and then retiring and never walking into your office again. It’s a dramatic change, but with the right tools and resources, anyone will be able to grow during this time period.
- Financial Change
- Whether someone experiences an increase or decrease in wealth, it’s difficult for that person to adjust to their “new normal.” This type of loss is usually accompanied by stress, fatigue, anxiety, depression and even guilt. If not dealt with properly and healthily, the loss of a financial situation can have long-lasting effects on an individual.
- Loss Of Fertility
- Fertility loss is an example of an intangible loss. Even though it’s not something you can see and hold, it has a major impact on your emotional well-being. Once someone knows that there are healthy ways to cope with grief, they’ll be able to process the various losses they experience in life, including the loss of fertility.
- Pet Loss
- Any pet owner will tell you that their pet is just another member of the family. People build deep emotional connections with their pets, making losing them that much more difficult to process. Whether you have to put your pet down, she runs away or you have to give her to a shelter because you’re unable to take care of her anymore, it’s important to be aware of healthy grieving methods. Being equipped with this knowledge will enable you to take situations such as this one, and use it to make you stronger.
Learn To Grieve Healthily With Lighting The Way
I created Lighting The Way because I’m determined to help people take the losses of their life, and use those experiences to make themselves stronger. My mission is to equip people with the necessary tools and methods so that the losses they experience don’t overpower their lives. If you’re ready to take charge of your life and are determined not to let the losses of life tear you down, then it’s time to call Lighting The Way. Whether you’re interested in learning more about our grief recovery webinar, or you would like to schedule a session to learn how to deal with a loss you’re experiencing, contact us today! There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I’m here to help you get there.